January 2, 2018 - Filing Deadline (5:00 p.m.)
February 20, 2018 - Spring Primary (if needed)
April 3, 2018 - Spring Election
2018 Guide for Candidate
2018 Candidates Check List (ELIS-5)
To file to be a School Board Candidate, you must complete
ETHCF-1 - Campaign Registration Statement
EL-162 - Declaration for Candidacy - School Board Candidates
EL-163 - Notification of Non-Candidacy (for current School Board members)
EL-169 - Nomination Paper for Nonpartisan Office
Key Information needed when filling out ETHCF-1, EL-162 and EL-169:
1. Is this an amendment? Yes, if this is the first time you are filling out the form for a West Salem School Board Member. No, If you have not previously filled this form out for a West Salem School Board Member.
2. Office Sought - School District of West Salem Board Member
3. Primary Date - 2/20/18
4. Election Date - 4/3/18
5. ETHCF-1 - complete sections #1, #3, #4 (if appropriate), #5, and the 2 or 3 signatures under Certification.
6. EL-162 must be signed in front of a Notary. The District office has 2 notary - please call to verify availability before you stop and have your identification with you.
7. EL-169 may not be circulated for elector signatures prior to December 1 preceding the election. See page 2 of the PDF for Instructions. Please read carefully and complete as directed. Not less than 100, not more than 200 signatures are required.
8. For more information, you may also visit the state election's website at http://elections.wi.gov/
1997 letter from State Elections Board
Complete the forms and return to the School District of West Salem District Office which is located at 405 East Hamlin Street, West Salem, WI.
Please use the parking lot on the west side of the high school and use the District Offices entrance on Hamlin Street.