Professional Development Plan (PI-34) Resources
Below are several website links with information regarding the PDP process, timelines, requirements, etc. Many are from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. Please use these resource as you go through the PDP process. The School District of West Salem also contracts with CESA 4 to provides PI-34 services including ongoing professional development for staff members. CESA 4 can be reached at 608-786-4800 ask for the PI_34 specialist.
DPI Home page http://dpi.wi.gov
DPI licensing home page: http://tepdl.dpi.wi.gov/licensing/educator-licensing
Link to PI 34 requirements: http://tepdl.dpi.wi.gov/resources/pi-34-wisconsin-quality-educator-initiative
Explanation of PD Process: http://tepdl.dpi.wi.gov/pdp/professional-development-plan This link included the “Initial Educator Tool Kit” link. Very helpful information.
Quality Teacher interactive: https://myqei.org/
PDP requirements: http://tepdl.dpi.wi.gov/pdp/pdp-requirements-for-licensing
PDP team development: http://tepdl.dpi.wi.gov/pdp/pdp-team Includes several data bases of people certified to serve on PDP review teams
FAQ for initial educators: http://tepdl.dpi.wi.gov/faq/initial-educator
1. It is meant to be a five year process
a. Year 1 organization and team assembly
b. Year 2 goal approval and submittal
c. Years 3 and 4 reflection
d. Year 5 completion and submission of plan
2. The first time through it, you need three people on your team: a peer, an admin. and someone form and Institution of High Education.
3. Subsequent review teams do not need and IHE representative
4. There will be meeting opportunities in the fall of each school year to meet with Human Resources and/or the Director of Instruction to help you through the process
5. Please do not wait to begin the process as it is very difficult to complete in less than 4 years
6. Remember: licensure is the responsibility of the teacher.