• Menu
  • West Salem School District Calendars
  • Skyward Access
  • School Bus/Transportation

Food Service Account Refund Procedure

When a student withdraws from the district and has funds remaining in their food service account it must be determined how these funds should be handled. If there are any outstanding fees owed to the district the remaining funds will be used to cover all or a portion of these fees.  Once outstanding fees are covered, the options include, requesting a refund and providing a current address for a check to be mailed or donating the funds to the Jane Doe account to help families experiencing temporary financial hardships pay off their food service balance. Please note that donation is not an option for families who qualify for free or reduced meals.

If your family will be withdrawing from West Salem School District, please fill out the Food Service Account Closure Form.

Completed forms can be emailed to the Director of School Nutrition at klunk.emily@wsalem.k12.wi.us.  Forms can also be dropped off or mailed to any of the building main office's or the district office.

If the form is not received, the Director of School Nutrition will reach out via email requesting a response on how the remaining funds should be handled.

If no response is received, one last attempt will be made from the business office via phone. 

If no response is received within 1 year from the initial contact, the remaining balance will be considered “unclaimed property” and be turned over to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR).

A A A A U A + A - Revert Back To Original