• Menu
  • West Salem School District Calendars
  • Skyward Access
  • School Bus/Transportation

School District of West Salem COVID-19 Dashboard

Open Enrollment

Wisconsin's regular open enrollment period is now closed. If families that reside outside of the School District of West Salem wish to apply for open enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year , the alternative application period will open on July 1. Students that meet the criteria listed here are eligible to apply using the alternative open enrollment application. 
Please view the DPI links below for more information.

Alternative Open Enrollment Application-you must download or save the application before completing it electronically. 
Completed applications should be returned to the district office. 

The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction encourages families to apply online by following the link below. A step-by-step guide to the online application is also included. Paper copies of the application are available on the right hand side of this page and need to be returned to the District Office. 

Online Open Enrollment Application
Step-By-Step Guide to Online Application
General Information Regarding Open Enrollment

What is Open Enrollment? 
The inter-district public school open enrollment program allows parents to apply for their children to attend public school in a school district other than the one in which they reside.

Who can apply?
Any Wisconsin resident in 4K to grade 12 may apply to attend a nonresident school district under the open enrollment program. However, a child may transfer to a nonresident school district for early childhood education or 4K only if the child’s resident school district offers the same type of program and only if the child is eligible for that program in the resident school district. 

When can parents apply? 
The regular open enrollment application period for the 2021-22 school year is now closed. The alternative application period will begin on July 1, 2021.

An alternative application procedure allows pupils to apply for open enrollment at any time during a school year if certain criteria are met. For more information, please see the brochure here

Paper Applications

*Please return all paper applications to the District Office at 405 East Hamlin St.*

A A A A U A + A - Revert Back To Original